1. What kinds of products do you use?
My kit contains a wide range of brands from the professional grade theatre/film lines (Ben Nye, RCMA, Kyrolan, OCC)
to the more popular beauty brands of Face Atelier*, Laura Mercier, NARS, Urban Decay*, Makeup Forever, MAC*, Nixie*, NYX* etc.
*Companies with which I have attained PRO membership status.
2. What kind of foundation will you use?
This really depends on several things, most importantly:
- Skin type
- The event in question (photos, runway, film, indoor vs outdoor wedding...)
- The type of lighting used by the photographer
Also, some clients don't need foundation at all - just a touch of tinted moisturizer and powder. We'll review
which option works best for you.
3. How do I prepare for a makeup session?
2 weeks out
- Models, actors or anyone needing promo/headshots: send me details or photos of your outfits and the theme of the shoot.
- For consultations: send me a general idea of the types of looks you want to achieve (evening, a special event, office
appropriate, costume, etc)
- For brides: Check the list! After our first meeting, you will get a list from me of how to prepare for your
3-4 days out
- Wax, shave, tweeze for the very last time before the event.
1 day out
- Rest! Get a full 8 hours of sleep. This is the best way to avoid bags under your eyes, puffy eyes, bloodshot
eyes or dark circles.
*Please remember not to wear any foundation/makeup before arriving. Wash your face, moisturize it well, and I'll
take care of the rest. Contact me before moisturizing if what you use has SPF.
5. I just want a general makeup consultation - what do I do?
To get the full benefit of the consulation, you'll want to arrive barefaced (for after work events, I'll have cleanser
and toner available to remove makeup). Bring pictures of any actresses or models with looks you like. From there
we will go through a full face routine and a series of looks and color options to find what works best for you.